Children’s Health Stadium opens to the public, hosts annual Meet The Eagles

3%2C+Cameron+Johnson+and+73%2C+Wenallis+Thomas+++prepare+to+walk+across+the+field+at+Meet+The+Eagles.+The+event+took+place+at+the+newly+opened+%2448-million+stadium.+Children%27s+Health+has+naming+rights+for+10+years.+

3, Cameron Johnson and 73, Wenallis Thomas   prepare to walk across the field at Meet The Eagles. The event took place at the newly opened $48-million stadium. Children's Health has naming rights for 10 years.

3, Cameron Johnson and 73, Wenallis Thomas prepare to walk across the field at Meet The Eagles. The event took place at the newly opened $48-million stadium. Children's Health has naming rights for 10 years.

Justin Hudson

Justin Hudson

Justin Hudson

Ana Arredondo and Aaron Boateng

Reading Time: 1 minute

• 3, Cameron Johnson and 73, Wenallis Thomas prepare to walk across the field at Meet The Eagles. The event took place at the newly opened $48-million stadium. Children's Health has naming rights for 10 years.

• Juniors Fisher Naumann, No. 1, and Sylis Ivy, No. 2, and sophomores Tyler Bailey, No. 4, and Brenner Cox, No. 4, pose for photographer Aaron Boateng before Meet The Eagles Aug. 16. The rally recognized fall sports. It was the first public event at the new Children's Health stadium.

• Freshman football players walk in their first Meet the Eagles. Fall sports were formally introduced to the public under the lights. The new PISD stadium in partnership with Children's Health was also inaugurated. The first Varsity game will be at the stadium Aug. 30.

• Sophomore Brittney Dewald dances with the color guard as the band plays. The program practices every day during fourth period. They will perform alongside the marching band during half time shows this upcoming season.

• Junior Aidan Siano raises his hand in a "Peagle" sign while singing the school song. The varsity players joined other sports such as tennis and volleyball on the field. The Children's Health stadium opened to the public for the first time Saturday night.

• Senior spirit leaders Ifunanya Nwaoba, Alyssa Gonzalez, Sam Covert and Collin McDonald perform "Hooked on a Feeling" and announce it as the senior song. After all the athletes were introduced, they pumped up the crowd with the 'I Believe that We Can Win' chant. The seniors will continue to boost spirits at future games and rallies.

• Junior Bryson Probes, No. 30, prepares to sing the school song. The football team will travel to Eaton High School as they will face them in a scrimmage at 6:30 p.m. Friday night. It will not be considered an official district game.

• Players Mason Jolley, No. 7, Noah Billings, No. 11, and Grant Peck, No. 14, walk through the Eagle Tunnel as they're introduced. The varsity team will face Eaton High School Friday night for their annual pre-season scrimmage. The home opener at Children's Health will be against Rowlett Friday, Aug. 30 at 7 p.m.

• Varsity senior cheerleaders hold hands as they're introduced at Meet The Eagles. The event recognized all fall sports and senior players. The cheerleaders pumped up the crowd and collaborated with spirit leaders throughout the night.

• The newly-built Children's Health stadium was opened to the public Saturday, Aug. 17. Coach Valerie Little led a ribbon cutting ceremony prior to Meet The Eagles, an event recognizing fall athletes. The $48-million dollar stadium seats 12,000 people and houses the biggest video board in Texas high school stadiums.

• Freshman cheer as spirit leaders pump up the crowd with a chant. The sub-varsity teams will begin their season next week as they face Rowlett. This year marks the second season they will compete in the 6A division.

• Following sunset, fireworks light up the sky Aug. 16 for the finale of Meet the Eagles. The event recognized fall sports including football, volleyball, swim and dive, tennis, cross country, Talonettes and cheer. Meet the Eagles was the first event open to the public at the new Children's Health Stadium.