Prosper Football Looks Ahead

Zach Markey, Reporter

imageUndefeated in district, the football team still has three more district opponents to face before the playoffs. However, their biggest test this season will come against the Colony Cougars Friday night.  This seasons success has made an impact to how players are looking forward to the final games.

“I know that not only me, but my whole whole team is ready,” sophomore standout Jake Cosner said. “We have the chance to do something that hasn’t been done since 2008, and that is win a district title.”

The Eagles have made the quick transition from a 2-5 district team in 2014 to an undefeated team four games into the 2016 district season. The culture and attitude has definitely changed in Prosper.

“The goals were very low the past two years,” fellow sophomore standout Cody Gallegos said. “Now the goals are harder, especially in the weight room.”

With Prosper having one of the best, if not the best student section in the metroplex, the school spirit helps the players success each and every game.

“The student section helps us a lot,” Gallegos said. “They are always on their feet, even when the game seems decided.”

Winning a state championship is the ultimate goal for Prosper, as they have not won since 2008. Players and coaches installed this main goal of winning a title very early in the season.

“It would be awesome to win the state title,” Cosner said. “That was the main goal from the very start of summer workouts.”