Photographer captures the heart of Prosper sports

Behind the lens of Blaze of Joy Photography
Camera in hand, junior Isabelle Oathout photographs a varsity football practice. Oathout is a part of the Football Operations program run by Malcolm Hill. The Football Operations team works to run and organize practices and games.
Isabel Multer

Behind every big moment in sports, there is someone capturing the moment, and, here at Prosper High School, junior Isabella Oathout has taken on that role.

Following Meet the Eagles at Children’s Health Stadium, football coach Malcolm Hill and junior Isabelle Oathout smile for a photo. Hill played Division I football at Rice University. “I feel like I have a mentor relationship to her,” Hill said. “She’s always asking me what things she can do better, and one thing I like is she’s not afraid to be told, hey, this needs to improve.” (Credit: Isabelle Oathout)

“I started photography because I was emailing Coach Moore, and he mentioned that he wanted me to come join the Operations Program,” Oathout said. “Then, I started doing all the stuff, taking pictures and just enjoying my time out there.”

Whether it’s on the sidelines or in the classroom, Oathout works daily to contribute to all PHS sports.

“She’s always willing to do more in a time right now where people could be selfish or self centered,” football offensive coordinator Malcolm Hill said. “She’s always looking to serve others without record. Her ability to improve her pictures from last year to this year is really special, and I just think that she has a special ability to connect with people.”

Oathout’s passion is more than just taking photos. For her, it’s about capturing emotions in special moments.

“My favorite photos I’ve taken are definitely the smiling photos or laughing photos,” Oathout said. “I feel like those photos just shows off the joy, the laughter and how people love the moments of spirit.”

Through her photography, Oathout has created relationships that will last a lifetime.

“I think just appreciating each other and what each other does goes hand in hand,” junior quarterback Braeden Imhoff said. “So, it’s easy to kind of make a connection like that with a player and a photographer.”

Eyes on the camera, juniors Isabelle Oathout and Braeden Imhoff pose for a photo after Meet the Eagles. Imhoff plays as the quarterback for the varsity football team. “We’ve been best friends since seventh grade,” Imhoff said. “It’s been easy to be a part of the photography and everything she’s done with Blaze of Joy is so cool.” (Credit: Isabelle Oathout)

By being present at sporting events, Oathout’s relationships extend beyond the field.

“What has really been special is to see her relationship grow with my daughter,” Hill said. “My daughter’s been up here a lot, and anytime she asks if Isabelle is here. I really like that about who she is and having my daughter around somebody like that.”

Arms wrapped, junior Isabelle Oathout poses for a photo with coach Malcolm Hill’s daughter. Hill serves as the offensive coordinator for the Prosper football team. “My favorite part about doing photography for all the sports is definitely building the relationships with all of the athletes, parents, and families,” Oathout said. “As well as always getting to meet people and make smiles happen.” (Credit: Isabelle Oathout)

Oathout’s work has allowed her personality to shine throughout the entire Prosper community.

“Something about her that stands out is she is a pure, genuine, innocent person,” Hill said. “She’s always around, and, if you ask for anything, she would try to do whatever it is to get it done, she’s always willing to show up and put her best foot forward.”

Effort, proficiency and a positive attitude have all contributed to the lasting impact Oathout and Blaze of Joy Photography has left at PHS.

“If you want to start up photography or filming, I would say, go for it because what’s the worst that can happen?” Oathout said. “I feel like I can make an impact with what I have built already and the smiles and joy that comes from it.”

$709
$2000