Filed under Showcase, Sports

Cross Country runners
head to state meet
in Round Rock Nov. 3

Varsity cross country runner Aubrey O'Connell heads for the finish line in the regional cross country meet on Monday, Oct. 22. O'Connell placed second out of 183 runners in this race, which was held at the Jesse Owens Memorial Athletic Complex in Dallas. The entire girls' team qualified for the state meet.

Varsity cross country runner Aubrey O'Connell heads for the finish line in the regional cross country meet on Monday, Oct. 22. O'Connell placed second out of 183 runners in this race, which was held at the Jesse Owens Memorial Athletic Complex in Dallas. The entire girls' team qualified for the state meet. "O’Connell led the way for the Lady Eagles," Coach Jennifer Gegogeine said. "Her finish also earned her all-region honors." O'Connell finished with a time of 17 minutes for the 5K and reset her previous school record." According to Gegogeine, other contributors to the team's success include Alexis Svoboda, eighth, and Tatum Castillo, ninth. Both Svoboda and Castillo also received all-region honors. Sadie Gonzales finished 19th, Madi Chisty 45th , Emily Kern 104th, and Kirstin Towle took 118th. They all run again in Round Rock on Nov. 3 for the state title.

Larry Roskens

Larry Roskens