Double pep rallies
meet Prosper in pink

Prosper covers the student section in pink spirit wear at the Oct. 26, 2017,  varsity football game against The Colony. The theme supported Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The Cougars beat the Eagles 14-7. This years pink-out day will continue the same traditions, beginning with the elementary pep rally in the morning, continue with the high school one in the afternoon and then ending with a pink-out game against Dallas Jesuit at 7 p.m. in Eagle Stadium.

Prosper covers the student section in pink spirit wear at the Oct. 26, 2017, varsity football game against The Colony. The theme supported Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The Cougars beat the Eagles 14-7. This year’s pink-out day will continue the same traditions, beginning with the elementary pep rally in the morning, continue with the high school one in the afternoon and then ending with a pink-out game against Dallas Jesuit at 7 p.m. in Eagle Stadium.

Ana Arredondo, Reporter

The “Pink Out” pep rally will be tomorrow, Oct. 12, at 2:53 p.m. to honor breast-cancer survivors. It will follow the 9 a.m. elementary pep rally. Both events will be in the arena.

“All of them (the pep rallies) always have a theme,” cheer coach Lindsey Hamlin said. For this Friday’s, the “student council will bring survivors.” 

In the morning, Talonettes and cheerleaders will join fourth- and fifth-graders from all elementary schools for a pep rally of their own.

“They have different music,” Hamlin said. “But nothing is really different otherwise. It’s the same message.”

The high school pep rally will join together the families and the survivors themselves.

“Knowing that my aunt’s best friend had cancer,” junior Ashton Burns said, “made me look at things differently and learn more about it.”

Varsity football will play against Jesuit at 7 p.m. in the Eagle Stadium. The game’s dress theme is also “Pink Out.”

“These events spread awareness for breast cancer,” Burns said,  “and help the community learn more about how to help.”