Riley McConnell

As he looks downfield, senior quarterback Harrison Rosar runs with the ball. The Eagles lost 6-23 to the Guyer Wildcats Friday, Sept. 16. The Eagles will play the Rock Hill Blue Hawks Friday, Sept. 23 at 7 p.m. at Children’s Health Stadium.

Preview: After taking first loss of season, football looks to play district rival

The Prosper Eagles and Rock Hill Blue Hawks face off tomorrow, Sept. 23, at 7 p.m. for the first “Pride of Prosper” game at the district’s Children’s Health Stadium. Because the Blue Hawks moved up to the 6A division for this season due to UIL District alignments, the two schools created a name to hype this first-time match-up.

Last Friday, Sept. 16, at C.H. Collins Athletic Complex, the Eagles took on the Denton Guyer Wildcats, but ultimately ended up losing 6-23. This game marked the first loss of the season, after taking a 17-14 win against Euless Trinity, a 51-14 win against Garland Sachse and a 19-11 win against Rockwall. The Wildcats now stand in the top spot in the 8-team, 6A Region I District 5 rankings, and the Eagles hold fifth, according to MaxPreps.

Tomorrow’s opponent, the Blue Hawks, sit in the fourth district position – after taking a win last week against Denton Braswell. The Blue Hawks will head into Friday’s game with a 2-2 record, and the Eagles will come in with a 3-1 record. The Blue Hawks bring a strong offense, as seen in their last game, especially with sophomore quarterback Kevin Sperry having 278 passing yards, 154 rushing yards, and contributing to six touchdowns. Sperry has offers from Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Baylor University and Florida State University. In addition, University of North Texas-commit, senior tight-end Matthew Wagner proves to be a key offensive player for the Blue Hawks.

Arms wrapped tight, No. 6 senior linebacker Adam Due sacks the Guyer quarterback. Due has been playing on varsity for three years. The final score of the game ended 6-23. (Neena Sidhu)

On the other hand, the Eagles bring a strong defense that could work against these players, which may produce a low-scoring game. Against the Guyer Wildcats, junior Luke Johnson, senior Adam Due, junior Jonah McClendon and junior Malique Sutherland all earned sacks against Wildcat quarterback and the University of Oklahoma commit, Jackson Arnold. These players, among others on the defense, proved themselves to be able to stop talented, top-rated players.

The Eagles also host a cohesive offense, led by senior quarterback Harrison Rosar, who connects well with senior wide receiver Hunter Summers and senior tight-end Dylan Hinshaw.

No matter the outcome, the game is bound to be full of action for the first-ever matchup between the two.

For in-depth recaps of previous games, click on the slideshows below for photos and captions full of information.

Football beats Trinity in first game of season 17-13
Football prepares to face off in second game against Sachse
Analysis: Home opener football game results in 19-11 win
Football shuts out Rock Hill 49-0 in 1st ‘Pride of Prosper’ game

Eagle Nation Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$300
$2000

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *