Eagle Brief Sept. 19 – 25

Kaya Miller

Students on the Prosper Speech and Debate team competed this past weekend at Princeton High School. Junior Kaya Miller placed 3rd in congressional debate, President and junior James Kim placed 7th in congressional debate, and sophomore Erica Smith placed 5th in Prose Interpretation. “Debate is a creative outlet for me where I can express my thoughts and challenge myself to have meaningful conversations about topics foreign to me,” Kim said. “My favorite part about the Princeton tournament and essentially every tournament are the people I am able to meet through competing. I still keep in contact with them and we exchange ideas over our shared hobby of debate. Debate students are somewhat like-minded so it’s just a great opportunity to meet people you can bond with.” Photo courtesy of Romi Shamir.

Kalyani Rao, Executive Editor-in-Chief

Eagle Update & Resources

Upcoming

• SNHS junior & senior applications are officially open until Sept. 19 at 5:00 p.m.
  • Fashion Design 2 students are looking for modeling candidates to walk the runway for the student run spring fashion show in April. If you are interested, please scan the QR code on one of the posters around the school or check out the PHS Fashion Instagram page at @prosperhsfashion. Applications are open until Sept. 20.
  • The Creative Writing club is meeting Sept. 20 from 4:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. in Room 1247.
  • Science UIL meetings are every Wednesday in room 2122
  • The Prosper ISD College Fair is Sept. 21 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Preregister using this link. Pre-registered students receive a custom match to participant colleges at the event.
  • Voting for Homecoming Court will be held through Sept. 19 – 22. You can log in to prosper.voting4schools.com and vote for any member of your grade. The student with the most votes on Sept. 2 will win. For seniors, the top four nominees will run for King and Queen the week of Homecoming.
  • The next senior lunch is Sept. 30. Students with early release are not required to return to campus.
  • Oct. 5 is the end of the first 9 weeks.
  • Oct. 6 is a Professional Learning day as well as a student holiday. Oct. 7 – 10 are student holidays.
  • Yearbooks are on sale now!
  • Our Body Not Yours is a new club at PHS that strives to educate students on the issue of sexual violence from several different perspectives to truly understand the problem and evaluate solutions. The meetings will be held Wednesdays on the third week of every month after school, and the first meeting will be Oct. 12 from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Contact Mrs. Ballard for more information.
  • The wrestling team is looking for 6 managers, three boys & three girls. The managers will travel and participate in all team activities. This includes traveling out of state for wrestling tournament.
The week of Sept. 19 – 23 is “Beat Rock Hill Week”. The dress up themes are as follows: Monday is “Western”, Tuesday is “Frat,” Wednesday is “Jersey”, Thursday is “Anything but a backpack”, and Friday is “Green out”. (PHS Student Council)

Sports games this week

• Monday, Sept. 19 – No events.
  • Tuesday, Sept. 20
    4 p.m. Varsity Boys Tennis vs. Denton Braswell
    4 p.m. Varsity Girls Tennis vs. Denton Braswell
    5:30 p.m. 9th A Volleyball vs. McKinney Boyd
    5:30 p.m. JV Volleyball vs. McKinney Boyd
    6:30 p.m. 9th B Volleyball vs. McKinney Boyd
    6:30 p.m. Varsity Volleyball vs. McKinney Boyd
  • Wednesday, Sept. 21
    4:30 p.m. JV Football vs. Celina
    6 p.m. Varsity Girls vs. Denton Guyer
    7 p.m. Varsity Boys vs. Denton Guyer
  • Thursday, Sept. 22
    8 a.m. JV Girls Tennis vs. Denton Braswell HS
    4 p.m. JV Boys Tennis vs. Denton Braswell HS
    4 p.m. 9th White Football vs. Allen
    5:30 p.m. 9th Green Football vs. Rock Hill
    5:30 p.m. JV Green Football vs. Rock Hill
    7 p.m. 9th Black Football vs. Rock Hill
    7 p.m. JV Black Football vs. Rock Hill
  • Friday, Sept. 23
    4:30 p.m. Varsity Boys Tennis vs. Coppell HS
    4:30 p.m. Varsity Girls Tennis vs. Coppell HS
    5:30 p.m. 9th A Volleyball vs. Guyer
    5:30 p.m. Varsity Volleyball vs. Guyer
    6:30 p.m. 9th B Volleyball vs. Guyer
    6:30 p.m. JV Volleyball vs. Guyer
    7 p.m. Varsity Football vs. Rockwall
  • Saturday, Sept. 24
    9 a.m. Varsity Girls vs. Denton Ryan
    10 a.m. Varsity Boys vs. Denton Ryan
    10 a.m. Varsity Boys vs. Denton
    10:30 a.m. Varsity Girls Cross Country vs. Invitational
    10:30 a.m. Varsity Boys Cross Country vs. Invitational
  • Sunday, Sept. 25 – No events.

Uplifting

Students on the Prosper Speech and Debate team competed this past weekend at Princeton High School. Kaya Miller placed 3rd in congressional debate, James Kim placed 7th in congressional debate, and Erica Smith placed 5th in Prose Interpretation. Congratulations to these students on their success!

ENN Announcements

ENN 9/22/22
ENN 9/21/22
ENN 9/20/22
ENN 9/19/22