After sweep of Frisco Centennial in round one, baseball looks forward to Sulphur Springs in round two

Zach Markey, Sports Writer and Editor

Prosper made easy work of Frisco Centennial in round one of the playoffs last week, sweeping the Titans in two games. Thursday’s matchup saw the Eagles take a commanding 5-1 victory. They carried this momentum into Friday and barely took the victory 5-4, and advanced to the second round.

Senior Dawson Zey hit a home run, while Kendall Foster added a triple to lead them to the blowout victory Thursday. A fellow senior, Braden Carmichael, pitched his way to yet another victory on the season. Carmichael has been one of Prosper’s go-to pitchers this year.

In game two, senior Conner Jackson took the pitching victory and Spencer Cochran gained a save. The bats had another strong night, with Kendall Foster hitting a home run of his own, and junior Jake Cosner hitting two triples.

The Eagles will look to take the momentum of the sweep last week and bring it into round two against Sulphur Springs this week. The Wildcats beat an extremely tough opponent, Wylie East, in three games last week. After losing the first game, 9-3, Sulphur Springs took the final two games by a combined 11 runs. Sulphur Springs comes into this weekend as an under-the-radar team, however they have a very impressive playoff victory in the first round on their belt.

Prosper is set to face off against the Wildcats once Friday night, and twice on Saturday (if necessary). The Eagles need to watch out, as Sulphur Springs could prove to be an extreme sleeper team this weekend.

Zach Markey, Sports Editor and Writer

Zach Markey is the Sports Writer and Editor for EagleNationOnline. As a senior, this will be his third year on staff. Zach has been a huge fan of sports throughout his life, and loves to write and report information to the Prosper community. His favorite sports are Football, Basketball, and Baseball, but looks to cover almost every sport on campus.

1 Comment

One Response to “After sweep of Frisco Centennial in round one, baseball looks forward to Sulphur Springs in round two”

1. Smithb799 on August 13th, 2018 11:10 pm

Hey would you mind letting me know which web host you’re working with? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a fair price? Kudos, I appreciate it! eadddedgkacgdbde

• After sweep of Frisco Centennial in round one, baseball looks forward to Sulphur Springs in round two

News

Voting re-begins, continues
    for student council candidates Oct. 17-18

Sports

Varsity football survives
    late comeback attempt by Jesuit,
    wins fifth game of season 30-28

News

Double pep rallies
    meet Prosper in pink

Features

Senior reflects
    on his coming-out story,
    its impact

Features

Surroundings change,
    music remains same

Sports

Football falls 26-14
    to district foe Plano East

Slideshows

Freshman Green football team
    continues undefeated season
    with win over McKinney 38-0

Opinion

Hot, Not & What?
    Vol. 2 Edition 1

News

Democratic candidate answers
    student questions
    at ‘Town Hall Forum’

Slideshows

Prosper takes loss
    against Plano East 26-14