Eagle Brief: Aug. 22 – 26

Neena Sidhu

New Prosper High School principal Nicholas Jones gives a welcome speech at Meet the Eagles. Jones is a UT Austin alum. Before coming to Prosper High School, Jones was the principal of Hays Middle School.

Kalyani Rao, Executive Editor-in-Chief

Eagle Update

Prosper High School has installed metal gates in the hallways. These gates come down before and after school, and were designed as a safety measure. To pass through the gates before or after school, students must present a pass from the teacher they are visiting to the guard. (Kalyani Rao)
  • To view the PISD events, the district-wide calendar is linked here.
  • To see the updated 2022-2023 academic calendar, click here.
  • To view the PISD express brief from Aug. 16, click here.
  • To change your classes, email your counselor. Counselors are assigned by last name order and can be reached via email or by requesting an in-person visit to their office.
  • Bus/Transportation Assistance can be reached at pisdbus@prosper-isd.net.

Upcoming

• Varsity boys tennis and varsity girls tennis will be playing away at Denton Guyer High School on Tuesday, Aug. 23 at 4:30 p.m.
  • 9th A volleyball and JV volleyball will be playing away at Plano West High School on Tuesday, Aug. 23 at 5:30 p.m.
  • Varsity girls water polo will be playing vs. Hebron away at the LISD Aquatic center on Tuesday, Aug. 23 at 5:30 p.m. Varsity boys water polo will be playing vs. Hebron at 6:30 p.m.

• 9th B volleyball and varsity volleyball will play against Plano West at Plano West HS on Tuesday, Aug. 23 at 6:30 p.m.
  • Additional sports events on other days of the week are available here
  • Sep. 2 is a Professional Learning Day and Student Holiday.
  • The PISD Board of Trustees has met on Aug. 16 for a School Board work session and will meet on Sep. 6 for a School Board meeting.
  • Open auditions for the Prosper Theatre Department’s production of Les Misérables and their production of Clue open Aug. 22 and 23. Info and the signup sheet is available on their website. Auditions will be held at the Blackbox Theatre in room 1168.

Uplifting

• The Prosper Theatre Department is home to 24 National Qualifiers from 2021. They went to the International Thespian Festival in Indiana to train, prepare and compete.
  • The first pep rally at PHS will be held Aug. 19, 2022. Instructions on preferred behavior and etiquette are available in this slideshow.
  • Check out this week’s A Few Minutes with Dr. Ferguson on YouTube. This week features a recap of the first day, an introduction to the new campus spotlights, and an invitation to get involved in Prosper ISD through the Prosper Promise.

ENN 8/25/22
ENN 8/24/22
8/23/22