Varsity baseball takes district crown over Lake Dallas; remains undefeated in district

Senior+Picher+Conner+Jackson+throws+a+pitch+during+a+game+against+Sachse+in+a+preseason+tournament.+

Senior Picher Conner Jackson throws a pitch during a game against Sachse in a preseason tournament.

Zach Markey, Sports Writer and Editor

Baseball clinched the district title Tuesday night with a 3-0 win over the second-place Lake Dallas Eagles. The boys have dominated the district all season long, and this district title should give them a mental boost heading into the playoffs next week.

Throughout their undefeated district run, the team has done a great job of maintaining balance. Last week, against Carrollton Creekview, they tallied 26 runs in two games against the Mustangs. While the pitching has been strong all season long, the bats seem to be waking up. Although Creekview doesn’t represent the best competition, it’s good to see a boost in offense.

The boys have not only been defeating their district foes. They prevailed against 6A McKinney Boyd 7-4 April 17th in a solid victory. This game was scheduled in order to give the Eagles better competition to keep their skills sharp and give more opportunities to non-starters. With Prosper making the transition to 6A next year, it’s positive to know they can hang with these big teams.

The last district game of the season is Friday against Lake Dallas once again. Since they have the district title locked up, this might be an excellent opportunity to play ones who didn’t appear much in the district season. If one player catches fire at this point of the season, it can very well be the difference in winning a state championship.

Zach Markey, Sports Editor and Writer

Zach Markey is the Sports Writer and Editor for EagleNationOnline. As a senior, this will be his third year on staff. Zach has been a huge fan of sports...