News Brief: New class officers elected, look toward next school year

Rusty Joe Gonzales

In a graphic made using Canva, a white voters’ box with the school logo stands against a dark green background. Students could vote for their class officers on Thursday, April 21. Results of the election were announced on Friday, April 22, on the intercom before sixth period.

Rusty Joe Gonzales, Co-Social Media Director

As part of the yearly Student Council elections, where students can vote for who they want to represent their class in the upcoming school year, students voted for officers in their grade Thursday, April 21. Results were announced Friday, April 22, over the intercom.

Class officers help to create events that bring their class together, giving voice to the student body. They participate in decisions regarding homecoming, prom, senior activities, graduation and more.

Positions students can apply for include class president, vice president, secretary and treasurer.

As part of their campaign, each officer applicant had to submit a short video on what they wish to achieve in the next school year.

Scroll below to see each new officer elected.

2025 Class Officers

President

Lola Ross

Video courtesy of Student Council

Vice President

Sophie Kim

Video courtesy of Student Council

Secretary

Sophia Gomez

Video courtesy of Student Council

Treasurer

Sahasra Mareddi

2024 Class Officers

President

Ashley Abrahams

Video courtesy of Student Council

Vice President

Reaves Lo

Video courtesy of Student Council

Secretary

Savannah Yager

Video courtesy of Student Council

Treasurer

Andrew Ward

Video courtesy of Student Council

2023 Class Officers

President

Landon Bownds

“My main goal as senior class president is to create events that bring the class together,” Bownds said. “I want things like a senior class kickball tournament and other things to give our big school that small town feel. I want our class to have pride in being a student at the Prosper High School.” (Photo Courtesy of Landon Bownds)
Video courtesy of Student Council

Vice President

Michael Beals

Video courtesy of Student Council

Secretary

Andrew Hensley

Video courtesy of Student Council

Treasurer

Ava Anderson

“As the elected senior class treasurer, I would like to make sure that everyone feels represented by their student government,” Anderson said. “I want everyone to feel like they have a voice, especially in decisions regarding homecoming, prom, senior activities, graduation, etc.. I am grateful to have this leadership opportunity and am excited for our senior year.” (Photo Courtesy of Ava Anderson)
Video courtesy of Student Council