Baseball starts district season with nine straight wins

Senior Kendall Foster takes an at-bat during a game against Sachse.

Kester Muthalaly

Kester Muthalaly

Kester Muthalaly

Zach Markey, Sports Writer and Editor

Prosper defeated The Colony on the road Tuesday night to win their ninth district game of the season. With the Eagles only playing in nine district games, they have taken the victory in all of them. Little Elm, Newman Smith, R.L. Turner and McKinney North have all fallen to Prosper two times. The Colony has lost only once; however, they will face the Eagles again Friday night in a redemption game.

Like the tournament season, the pitching and defense have been the strength of the ball club in district play. Seniors Taylor Pendley, Braden Charmichael and Conner Jackson have been the usual starting pitchers that have gotten the job done in the past several weeks.

A standout performance occurred a few weeks ago when Prosper shut out Carrollton R.L. Turner on the road, 10-0. The game provided the perfect combo of offense and pitching. Senior Conner Jackson pitched the Eagles to a win, while junior Connor Jackson (yes, they have the same name) added a double.

Although the boys have been superb in district opponents, they have struggled a tad with those who are outside of the district. In their last three non-district games (against 6A schools), they have lost to Allen and Southlake Carroll, while tying Coppell 6-6.

After Tuesday, there are only five district matchups remaining. The Lake Dallas Eagles, who are undefeated at home and competing with Prosper atop the district standings, will play one game at home and one on the road against Prosper for the final two games of the season.

However, Prosper shouldn’t have much to worry about. They have placed first in the district every year since 2014, and unless something goes completely wrong, this year should make the Eagles district champions for the fifth straight season.

Zach Markey, Sports Editor and Writer

Zach Markey is the Sports Writer and Editor for EagleNationOnline. As a senior, this will be his third year on staff. Zach has been a huge fan of sports...