Prosper set to face Sulphur Springs in 3rd round playoff matchup

Kest Muthalaly

Kris Wafer drives in for a layup in a game against Carrollton Creekview.

Zach Markey, Sports Writer and Editor

Prosper will go head to head against Sulphur Springs Tuesday to continue their playoff run. Coming off a 29-point statement victory over Royse City, the Eagles come into Tuesday’s game with a load of confidence. Sulphur Springs also comes into Tuesday after knocking off Lovejoy and Frisco Lone Star by a combined 40 points.

The big star of Prosper’s performance last Friday was Josh Davis. Davis finally found his groove by putting up 25 points, a team high. After having several lackluster performances during the regular season, it seems as if Davis has regained his place in the Prosper game plan. If both Josh Davis and Zach Wrightsil can bring their best game to the table for the rest of the playoffs, the sky is the limit for the Eagles.

The Sulphur Springs Wildcats defeated the Lone Star Lobos Friday. This victory comes as an upset for the Wildcats, who defeated a team that went 20-13 and placed 2nd in their district. Similar to Prosper’s last opponent, Royse City, Sulphur Springs is a team that is mostly unknown to teams in the metroplex. However, judging by their victory over Lone Star, they are not a team to be taken lightly.

Tuesday’s matchup is set to take place at Princeton High School, the geographical midpoint between the two squads. The game will start at 7 pm and should be a great spectacle to watch for those in attendance. If the Eagles’ best players can play to the best of their abilities, an appearance in the 4th round of the playoffs seems likely.