Sophomores write, produce music

This is the cover for the single, Victory Bound.

This is the cover for the single, “Victory Bound.”

Morgan Harris, Reporter

Sophomore Goel Yongo has written poems and rap lyrics since he was 8, and sophomore Camron Silva remade songs on GarageBand. Now, they make music together.

“I’ve always been a creative person growing up,” Yongo said. “I always just wrote either poems or rap or anything, so I mean it just kind of clicked and then we came together and made music.”

They released music, and have an album coming soon.

“I started making music, because then I was remaking other songs in GarageBand in July, and then I got a better version of GarageBand on my laptop,” Silva said. “That’s when we actually started, and we were meeting up.”

Their newest release, “Victory Bound,” is on Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, iHeartRadio and African music. The rest of their music is on Soundcloud.

“I would say about a third of our songs are out that we have right now,” Silva said. “Most of our songs aren’t out because we’re still working on them, developing them.”

The pair is known as “MFY$”, and more songs are in the works.

“My top goal, is to have a song at a billion,” Silva said. “That’s a big goal I know, but that’s my top goal.”

Their songs take anywhere from a day to a few months to write, record and produce.

“I’ll make a beat, and send it to him, he’ll write to it, and after a few days we’ll record,” Silva said. “Then after we record it, I’ll go home and mix it and master it for a few days.”

Silva and Yongo continue to write and produce songs and plan to release their first album around April 1.

“I just want to inspire other people to do it also and share my message out, share our life, share the goodness in life, and stuff like that,” Yongo said. “That’s why we wrote music for your soul. We can turn a serious matter into something lit, something fun.”

Listen to their music on SoundCloud here.