Graduation moves to June 5

Graduation+moved+from+The+Star+in+Frisco+on+May+22+to+Childrens+Health+Stadium+on+June+5.+The+ceremony+will+last+three+hours+and+will+follow+guidelines+set+by+the+Texas+Education+Agency.+

Aaron Boateng

Graduation moved from The Star in Frisco on May 22 to Children’s Health Stadium on June 5. The ceremony will last three hours and will follow guidelines set by the Texas Education Agency.

Ryan Stanley, Assistant Editor

The Texas Education Agency (TEA) announced four graduation options for schools on May 5. These options include virtual ceremonies, hybrid ceremonies, vehicle ceremonies and outdoor-in-person ceremonies.

With this announcement, graduation has moved from May 23 to June 5 at the Children’s Health Stadium and will follow the guidelines of an outdoor-in-person ceremony. The ceremony will begin at 7 p.m. and end at 10 p.m.

Outdoor ceremonies are not permitted until June 1, and they must follow strict guidelines. Attending graduation is optional, and face masks will be provided to all seniors and attending staff members. Furthermore, families are allowed a maximum of five tickets not including the graduate, and seating arrangements will ensure six feet of distancing. Hand sanitizer or hand washing stations will be available at entrances and gloves will be worn to hand out diplomas.

As stated in the TEA announcement, students and family members must answer health questions that relate to Covid-19 prior to attending graduation. Those with any of the following symptoms will not be allowed to attend: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, feeling feverish or having a temperature at 100 degrees Fahrenheit or greater. In addition, those who have come in close contact with a lab-confirmed Covid-19 case within the last two weeks will be barred from attendance.

For those who cannot attend, a live-stream will cover the entirety of the event.