Lady Eagles take on the Lady Jaguars

Taylor Hickey, Reporter

This past Tuesday, the Lady Eagle’s hosted the Lady Jaguars of Mansfield Summit in another pre district game. The Lady Eagles fell short of a victory trailing the Lady Jaguars with a final score of 65-53. The Lady Eagles battled throughout the whole game keeping the score close, sadly they could not pull out the final victory.

“The competition was good.” Bailey Lightfoot explained, “We definitely needed this competition to get better for the upcoming district season.”

Senior, Bailey Lightfoot, kept the points coming  finishing with a total of 14 points, making her the leading scorer for the Eagles with sophomore Jordyn Oliver following with a total of 13 points.

“Mansfield had holes in their defense so there were a few wide open shots.” said Lightfoot, “My team likes to create shots for me so that it helps us pull ahead in scoring.”

The Lady Eagles have been playing with multiple players missing and last night was the first night to have a majority of the team back.

“We all need to get used to playing with one another again.” explained Oliver, “We played good for not being together as a whole and last night we played overall very well. The team needs to get more comfortable with each other and then we will be ready for any type of competition that the upcoming district season holds.”