Football shuts out Timber Creek 49-7 in USA theme game

Spirit+leader+Sam+Covert+dances+at+last+Friday%27s+USA+pep+rally.+Covert+is+a+spirit+leader+along+with+Alyssa+Gonzales%2C+Collin+Mcdonald+and+Fifi+Nwoaba.+Spirit+leaders+are+chosen+based+on+leadership%2C+positivity+and+overall+spirit.+

Spirit leader Sam Covert dances at last Friday's USA pep rally. Covert is a spirit leader along with Alyssa Gonzales, Collin Mcdonald and Fifi Nwoaba. Spirit leaders are chosen based on leadership, positivity and overall spirit.

Emma Gnidziejko

Emma Gnidziejko

Emma Gnidziejko

Ana Arredondo and Caroline Wilburn

Reading Time: 1 minute
  • Juniors Madi Wells and Maddie Varney smile for the camera at the USA pep rally, last Friday, Sept. 6. Students danced, sang and honored veterans at the event. The next pep rally will include the community on Sept. 27 at the stadium.

• Senior Lucas Yumel poses for the camera during the pep rally. The leadership and Student Council officers hosted a small gathering with first responders and veterans. They were honored throughout the event and at the game.

• Spirit leader Sam Covert dances at last Friday's USA pep rally. Covert is a spirit leader along with Alyssa Gonzales, Collin Mcdonald and Fifi Nwoaba. Spirit leaders are chosen based on leadership, positivity and overall spirit.

• Prior to the game, Remax fliers jumped out a plane to parachute in the game ball, the Texas flag and the American flag. While flying, ASL students signed the National Anthem to the crowd. The student section stuck to the U.S.A theme for the night.

• Quarterback and team captain Jackson Berry, No. 5, listens to the game rules prior to kick-off. The game ended in a Prosper win 49-7 over Timber Creek. The Eagles had a strong offensive performance with 6 touchdowns and 7 PAT's.

• Offensive tackle Jake Majors, No. 74, greets Timber Creek's team captain. The captains for the Eagles were named in August. Josh Graham, No. 10, and Majors are the senior leaders while Jackson Berry, No. 5, and Aidan Siano, No. 44, are the junior leaders.

• Quarterback Jackson Berry, No. 5, rushes the ball. The Eagles dominated the Falcons offensively. Tyler Bailey had 4 touchdowns and the final score was 49-7.

• Flag runners run across the field with PHS flags after a touchdown scored by Tyler Bailey, No. 4. The boys race across end zone to end zone to celebrate points put on the scoreboard. Afterwards, spirit leaders do as many push ups as points scored alongside superintendent Drew Watkins.

• Junior Noah Billings, No. 11, gets in position. The Eagles won their second district game against Timber Creek Friday night. The theme was USA and the final score 49-7.

• Players Darnell Bradshaw, No. 13, Jackson Haines, No. 46, Rahmel Myers, No. 98, and Alex Stowers celebrate a touchdown in the second quarter. The Eagles dominated over the Timber Creek Falcons offensively as well as defensively. They only allowed one touchdown in the late fourth quarter.

• Kicker Brad Larson, No. 36, watches his teammates run the ball. Larson made 5 PAT's during the game. He's currently raising money for cancer through his football career by asking people to pledge any amount per kick.

• Seniors Tatum Castillo, Hunter Sheffield and Lauren Lapomarda pose for photographer Aaron Boateng. The student section cheered on the players while holding signs made by leadership. "I'm loving the student section this year," Lapomarda said. "The spirit is the best it's ever been, and I'm excited to make these memories for my senior year."