District releases Friday-night schedule, regulation guide for home-opener

Friday+Aug.+30+will+mark+the+first+varsity+football+game+at+the+newly-opened+Childrens+Health+Stadium.+The+band%2C+color+guard+and+Talonettes+will+perform+their+shows+during+half-time.+Read+over+the+regulations+guide+for+restrictions+into+what+spectators+can+and+cannot+bring+into+the+new+facility.++

Justin Hudson

Friday Aug. 30 will mark the first varsity football game at the newly-opened Children’s Health Stadium. The band, color guard and Talonettes will perform their shows during half-time. Read over the regulations guide for restrictions into what spectators can and cannot bring into the new facility.

Ana Arredondo, Editor-in-Chief

The varsity football players will be ready to kick-off their second season in 6A in the new Children’s Health Stadium at 7 p.m. this Friday, Aug. 30, against Rowlett.

Athletic Director Valerie Little has announced a packed night of district activities planned prior to the game. Food trucks open at 4:30 p.m., followed by the community pep rally at 5:15 p.m. The gates open at 6 p.m. for fans and spectators to be seated.

High school students will be directed to sections 104-106. The middle school section is located at 1o1. Due to faculty staff development being scheduled for Friday, game tickets will be sold at the high school’s front office on Wednesday and Thursday. Adults looking to purchase tickets in the office will be sold for $6, and student tickets are $4. Pre-purchase tickets will also be available online through credit-card transactions only.

Children’s Health Stadium MAP – SITE PLAN

To buy tickets on the day of the event, people must visit the ticket booth. General admission tickets will be sold for $8, and reserved seats are $1o based on availability. Reserved seating sections are 203-205.

The clear bag policy will be enforced. Refer to the stadium regulations guide for clarification. Access to reserved seating, press-box, and the field all require an official ticket or pass from the PISD. Students will not be allowed to rush on the field concluding the game for pictures with the players.

PISD
The Children’s Health stadium will enforce a clear bag policy. No purses or bags will be allowed into the facility. Read the guidelines and restrictions for more information.

Community members and students will be allowed to tailgate after 3 p.m. in the stadium parking lot. Student Leadership will be directing people to their seats following the end of the tailgate. They also will be selling the official cowbells and noisemakers allowed into the facility.