The boys lacrosse team holds up their 2019 DII State Championship trophy in celebration. The team beat Smithson Valley in the final game, 11-5 on Sunday, May 12, in the Texas High School Lacrosse League semi-finals and state championship at Ron Poe Stadium in McKinney. This is the first state championship win for Prosper boys lacrosse. “It was like a dream,” Delano said. “And, I’m still waiting to wake up.” (Julie Parham)
The boys lacrosse team holds up their 2019 DII State Championship trophy in celebration. The team beat Smithson Valley in the final game, 11-5 on Sunday, May 12, in the Texas High School Lacrosse League semi-finals and state championship at Ron Poe Stadium in McKinney. This is the first state championship win for Prosper boys lacrosse. “It was like a dream,” Delano said. “And, I’m still waiting to wake up.”

Julie Parham

Long form sports coverage

July 29, 2019

“One more.”

This is the slogan the boys lacrosse team drilled into their heads as motivation to continue through their season. Practicing five or six days a week for two hours, the boys took one game at a time, and, and after one last game, the team claimed the 2019 district and super regional championships.