Christi Norris

A still life photo captures a basketball, volleyball and football wearing a mask. The medical advisory committee members talked about recommendations today, Aug. 7, that they could give regarding play and protocols for the 2020 year, and how a Covid-19 diagnosis will be handled. “This is going to be a work in progress. Unfortunately, there’s going to be trial and error, and there’s going to be some problems because we’ve got so many different sized school districts,” board member Cary Tanamachi said. “But that’s kind of where we’re really relying on our board of education for each individual school district.”

COVID-19 proves to be biggest competitor

Click into any one of the following four full articles for more depth on how the school’s athletic department continues to handle the issues created by COVID-19.

Sports Brief: Athletic director says coaches, athletes continue following COVID-19 plan
Editorial: Athletes deserve voice in season changes
UIL Medical Advisory committee struggles to set guidelines as sports seasons begin
UIL announces delay to fall sports for 5A-6A

Eagle Nation Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$300
$2000

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *