Anthology Project promotes creativity from students

Tyler Garza, News Writer

The Anthology Project is a collection of student works from their writings, arts, and photos. The project is sponsored by the library and spearhead, Dianna Weber. This usually starts close to the end of this year, but this time, it’s starting much earlier.

The Anthology Project first started at the school three years ago. This is because Weber worked with Cassie Arnold, the Chief Financial Officer of FIN Press, and wife of Jacob Arnold, a Co-Founder of FIN Press.      

“I contacted them because I used to work with Ms. Arnold and I had saw that they had posted this for students at their school where Mr. Arnold worked,” Weber said. “So, I asked him if they were doing this at other schools or not, and they said yes.”

Weber takes pride in hosting The Anthology Project every year.

“We don’t have a literary magazine here,” Weber said. “So hopefully this would give the creative student whether it’s writing, or art, or photography, a place for them to share their work and kind of a place to feel their belonging.” 

Shawna Day, an English teacher encourages her students to submit their work to the project.   

“Having your own work in a published book could help you get published more,” Day said. “By saying I’ve been in this and this.”

In order to keep it from competing with VASE, Weber moved the date of The Anthology Project.

“There were too many people competing in VASE the last two years to compete in The Anthology Project,” Weber said. “So we’re hoping by doing this, it will help allow theme to compete this year.”

Last year, 40 students entered into the Anthology Project. Weber hopes that more students make the choice to enter.

“I liked writing in high school,” said Weber. “and  I want to give students a place to show what there doing is important because it is.”