Annual course EXPO (with the possibility of free cookies) to be held February 1

Kester Muthalaly

Students will have a chance to preview classes, like the Forensics course shown here. at the EXPO.

Conner Cadenhead, Reporter

The annual course EXPO, which offers students a chance to glance into classes and programs they are considering for the upcoming school year, will be held at the high school Wednesday Feb. 1, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.

All clubs, organizations (including honor societies), athletics, programs, and classes will be present. Current students and especially incoming freshmen are advised to take this opportunity to go and meet with teachers and investigate classes, so as to have a better idea of what they want to take in the upcoming school year.

“Actually going and seeing and meeting a teacher, it gives [a student] a better understanding of what that looks like and also what the expectations are for the classes,” head counselor Penny Wiseman said.

Pre-AP and AP information sessions will also be held that night, for students and parents who are curious as to the details of a Pre-AP or AP course, versus an on-level class.

“They’re going to talk about the rigor of Pre-AP, AP, [and] the reasons why you’d want to take a Pre-AP or AP course versus a regular course,” Wiseman said. “Kind of delve into that area so [parents and students] have a better understanding of what that looks like on a high school campus.”

Tables for each group or class will be scattered throughout the school, mainly in the cafeteria and on first floor.  Other areas of the school will also have tables set up.

“It spans from east wing to west wing, all down the halls, and in the cafeteria,” counselor Kathryn Wells said. “The big programs will generally stay in their classrooms, like culinary.”

This EXPO was a big success last year, with teachers having interactible stations in front of their classrooms and the culinary classes offering cookies to the attendees. Both students and staff are looking forward to Wednesday night and the course EXPO (and the free cookies).