Varsity football beats Rowlett 31-7, looks to win Friday against Timber Creek

Seniors+Braden+Hickey%2C+Beau+Preston%2C+Stratton+Ortiz%2C+Max+Hamilton%2C+Joe+Shellberg%2C+Ashlyn+Barber%2C+Megan+Walters+and+Tatum+Castillo+cheer+on+the+Eagles+at+Children%27s+Health+Stadium+at+Prosper+ISD+at+Friday%27s+game.+The+nest+was+packed+for+the+first+game+of+the+season+against+the+Rowlett+Eagles.++

Seniors Braden Hickey, Beau Preston, Stratton Ortiz, Max Hamilton, Joe Shellberg, Ashlyn Barber, Megan Walters and Tatum Castillo cheer on the Eagles at Children's Health Stadium at Prosper ISD at Friday's game. The nest was packed for the first game of the season against the Rowlett Eagles.

Emma Gnidziejko

Emma Gnidziejko

Emma Gnidziejko

Reading Time: 1 minute

• Players break through the football banner prior to kick off. Prosper faced Rowlett in the home-opener. They came up with a win 31-7.

• Senior Josh Graham, No. 10, talks to the referee while lining up for the National Anthem. The choir was on the field singing 'The Star-Spangled Banner.' Players lined up with future Eagles and guided them before the game.

• Quaterback Jackson Berry pushes through the tackle and finds a hole to run the ball. He was ran out of bounds at Rowlett's 30-yard line. Berry threw a total of 106 yards to end the night and rushed 68 more.

• Juniors Mckenna Havlovic, Hanna Honea and Savannah Dodson cheer on Prosper Eagle Varsity Football as they take their first win of the season over the Rowlett Eagles.

• Kicker Brad Larson makes a point after touchdown in the first half. He had three more PATs and one field goal in the game. "I felt that I was finally making it happen," Larson said. "I was really nervous because everyone was watching me, but I realized I'm finally where I wanted to be."

• Defense coach Tyrel Lenard steps aside to individually talk to players Ryan Medeiros, No. 16, and Josh Graham, No. 10. The Eagles won 31-7 over Rowlett. They'll be looking to make more defensive plays Friday night.

• Quarterback Jackson Berry, No. 5, and Hayden Metcalf, No. 12, jump after scoring a touchdown in the second quarter. Berry threw a 20 yard line pass to Metcalf to score. While Berry ended the night with 106 yards passed, Metcalf received 35.

• Seniors Braden Hickey (left) and Caden Scherer (right) cheer after a touchdown in the second quarter. The student section was filled with cheers and signs supporting the Eagles. "I didn't expect this turnout, this is huge," senior Noah Blocher said. "Last year this would have never happened, but everyone has been getting hyped, especially with the interceptions.”

• Sophomore Tyler Bailey, No. 4, breaks a tackle on his way to the end-zone. After conceding first, the Eagles came-back to win 31-7. Rowlett failed to put up points during the Eagles 31-point run.

• Juniors Mackenzi Cole, Ally Schnagl, Ella Lee and Brooke Rogers smile as the Prosper Eagles take a victory over Rowlett. This was the first game at the new Children's Health Stadium at Prosper ISD.

• Jake Majors, No. 74, Nash Gagliano, No. 60, and Aaron Prideaux, No. 63 prepare to snap the ball for the Prosper Eagles. The final score was 31-7 against Rowlett, making the Eagle 1-0.

• Seniors Braden Hickey, Beau Preston, Stratton Ortiz, Max Hamilton, Joe Shellberg, Ashlyn Barber, Megan Walters and Tatum Castillo cheer on the Eagles at Children's Health Stadium at Prosper ISD at Friday's game. The nest was packed for the first game of the season against the Rowlett Eagles.

• Junior Julian Huggins, No. 18, celebrates with his teammates after the Eagles win against Rowlett. The team dominated their first game at the new Children's Health Stadium. Huggins scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter.

• Junior Ella Lee poses at the Children's Health Stadium at Prosper ISD. The Student Council and spirit leaders ran a 2-day twitter poll in which students could vote for the name of the student section. The winning title was "The Nest."

• With the Eagles' win over Rowlett last Friday night, they look to face Timber Creek High School Friday night at 7:00 p.m. The Falcons lost 38-10 to Rockwall Heath. The game will be home at Children's Health.