Varsity volleyball wins over Denton Guyer

Nikki+Steinheiser+spikes+the+ball+at+the+opposing+team+during+the+volleyball+game+Friday+night+in+the+arena.+Prosper+faced+off+against+Denton+Guyer+and+came+out+on+top+in+a+5-set+match.+Volleyball+season+started+Aug.+6+with+their+match+against+Waxahachie.+

Nikki Steinheiser spikes the ball at the opposing team during the volleyball game Friday night in the arena. Prosper faced off against Denton Guyer and came out on top in a 5-set match. Volleyball season started Aug. 6 with their match against Waxahachie.

Caroline Wilburn

Caroline Wilburn

Caroline Wilburn

Caroline Wilburn, Photographer

Reading Time: 1 minute
  • In the win over Denton Guyer, juniors Shaylee Shore and Samantha Jacobs block a ball from the opposing team last Friday, Aug. 16 in the arena. Prosper came up victorious over Denton Guyer in a 5-set game. The Eagles face off against Rockwall Heath Aug. 22.

• Brooke McBride, Carsyn Clayton, Taylor Kaiser, Abby Crawford, Riley Price, and Abby Goertemiller celebrate a winning shot made by a fellow teammate. Prosper faced off against Denton Guyer Aug. 16 in the Arena. The Lady Eagles volleyball team were state champs in 2015.

• Samantha Jacobs, No. 4, dives for a ball in the home match against Denton Guyer. Jacobs is a junior and in her third year on the varsity volleyball team. She recently committed to the University of Alabama to play at the colligate level.

• Nikki Steinheiser spikes the ball at the opposing team during the volleyball game Friday night in the arena. Prosper faced off against Denton Guyer and came out on top in a 5-set match. Volleyball season started Aug. 6 with their match against Waxahachie.

• Taylor Youtsey and Sami Jacobs block a shot at the net. The eagles beat Denton Guyer 3-2 in the match Friday, Aug. 16 in the arena. The eagles will be competing in the upcoming volleyball tournament, Volleypalooza.

• Shaylee Shore, No. 11, prepares to block a shot from Denton Guyer in the volleyball game Aug. 16. The Lady Eagles currently have a record of 6-2 going into their match against Rockwall Heath Aug. 22. They start district play in their away match against McKinney High School Sep. 13.

• Nikki Steinheiser serves the ball during a game against Denton Guyer. They won the game with a record of 3-2 Friday night. They are currently ranked No. 11 in the nation.